2.23.2010

A New Favorite

I have a new favorite book! Well, actually an addition to the many favorite books that I already have. It's "The Hunger Games"

I'm sure many of you have already heard about it or read it and I wouldn't be surprised if you had.
But it is one of the most intriguing books I have ever read and I read it in less than a day. I stayed up till 3:00 in the morning on Saturday night (or Sunday morning) reading it.

It's about a girl named Katniss in The Hunger Games. In the book there are 12 districts and Katniss is in the twelfth district. The twelfth district is very poor and most people are just barely making it through. Every year a boy and a girl from each district are randomly chosen to compete in The Hunger Games. The Hunger Games is a fight to the death between all the children chosen. In the higher districts everyone is trained to be in The Hunger Games their whole life and it's a privilege to get chosen. In the lower districts it's pretty much a death sentence. When Katniss's younger sister Prim gets chosen Katniss volunteers to take her place and compete in The Hunger Games. 
I should probably stop explaining before I give the whole book away so I'll stop. This is about how much My friend Natalie told me and I was anxious to read it. I hope you are too. It's definitely a page turner and there's a sequel that I can't wait to read!  

2 comments:

Amy L. Workman said...

I LOVE having new books to read! And, I actually haven't heard about this one so I'm excited to check it out! I will let you know after I read it how it was... miss you!

Grace said...

I've seen this post at least three times now, trying to figure out where the name Suzanne Collins is familiar. And only now I realize that its because shes also the author of the series I happen to be re-reading right now!