6.03.2010

Stuff... Lots of It


I haven't posted in forever, I know. But since I haven't posted, a lot of things have happened. I'll start from the very beginning of my iPhoto library.

1. I won the school spelling bee...
Ali, Saul
...and went on to the district spelling bee. Which I didn't study for at all. Which is why I got out on the word forlorn. I added an e right after the first r. I felt quite pitiful, but didn't really care either.
(Back) Mom (Front) Laura, Ali, Raya, Grandma
2. I had two of the funnest nights ever right in a row. On the first night I went with my friends Lula and Lissa to a class play that another class was doing. It was called "The Candy Bomber" and I loved it. 


After we saw the play we went over to the BYU Creamery and and ate ice cream with knives. It was pretty much one of the best experiences of my life. No joke.

Leah, Ali, Lula
The night after this I went to see the play again but this time with Lola, Natalie and Lula. The play was awesome again and we went to the BYU Creamery again but this time we went with about half the cast. After we went to Leah's house and played night games.
That night was also really fun.

3. I got braces sometime in February and I hate them with a fiery passion.
4. The skiing season finished a long time ago, but as all these things happened a long time ago, I think it's appropriate. It made me really sad because I love skiing with a passion and my teacher this year was so awesome. His name was Logan but he let us call him Steve. I miss him so much. The end of skiing was a real bummer to me and I can't wait till next year.
                      Lola, Amy, Maude, Eliza, Ali                                                 
Lola, Amy, Ali
5. Spring break was so much fun. My cousins Ben, Joe, and Coby came from California to visit and Ben and Joe slept at our house for one night. We stayed up till 3:00 in the morning and had a blast. We played a card came called Poop-Squish. I know it doesn't have the greatest name but it's really fun. The loser is the Poop-Squish and the object of the game is to not be the Poop-Squish. We played it 12 times and we also played Monopoly Junior but we stopped that because I couldn't stop laughing and Joe went into a fit of hysterics. We were insanely hyper and everything is funnier in the middle of the night. 
My cousin Joe is one of the funniest people I know and when I took these pictures I could not stop laughing.
                    Joe                                          Christian
  Joe
6. My sister went to prom! I went prom dress shopping with her and it was really boring. But at least we didn't shop for that long.
We didn't end up getting any of these dresses but they were both possibilities.
Laura
7. All year on Tuesday and Thursday afternoons I've been preparing with my cast and director to put on the Shakespeare play Henry V. In April we put it on for four nights and it was really fun. I played The Duke of Bourbon and Princess Katherine.
 On one night a bunch of our friends came to see us and afterwards almost the whole cast and the people who came to see us went to the BYU Creamery. Then we went across the street to jump off a wall and take pictures. It was really fun.
 
8. The next night we did our play again and afterwards I walked home with my bestest friend Lula. We went to Subway and the Creamery and then came to my house. We found a mattress in my backyard and we adopted it. We have done so much stuff on that mattress. Eaten Ramen, eaten watermelon and made bouquets of flowers. Anyways, on the first night we listened to music and talked about the random stuff that we talk about.
It was awesome.
Ali, Lula
9. This day was so much fun. Lula and I were passing out invitations to my birthday party and we stopped at Leah's house to see if she wanted to go to the creamery with us. She ended up coming and she was glad she did. Lula bought a watermelon. Yes, she bought a watermelon for $6.47. Leah bought a cow balloon that we named Blackamillion and I bought nothing because I'm broke. We had to lug the watermelon all the way home with three people, two bikes, and one balloon. When we finally got to my house we flopped down on our mattress and ate our watermelon with spoons. It was glorious. We also tried to make paint out of flowers, leaves, water and watermelon juice. It didn't work. But the watermelon made it all worth while... ish.
Ali, Leah, Lula

                                   
10. My birthday was at the beginning of May and so I had a birthday party. It was a cooking party and so we decorated cupcakes and made mini pizzas. I had a lot of fun and I hope everyone else had fun too.
Raya, Madi, Grace, Leah, Emily, Ali, Anna, Natalie
    

11. Every year at my elementary school we have a track meet called the Hershey Track. Everyone from 3rd grade and older are supposed to compete in it. I look forward to it every year, and this year - which was also my last - was one of the best. I was on a relay team with my friends Lissa, Sage, and Daisy. Our team name was originally going to be The Four Lego Heads, because of this...
Lissa, Sage, Dathyl
... but in the end it was The Eight Legged Lego Trees. We practiced so much and so hard and our hard work did pay off. We got first in our heat and second in all. But we were less than a second behind the winning team. Our time was 1.02.22. (That's not one hour, two minutes and 22 seconds). It was our best time and we were really proud of ourselves.
 
Daisy, Sage, Lissa, Ali
I also ran in the 100 meter dash and got first place in my heat and third place in all.
Ali

12. Summer's here! I am so happy. On one of the last days of school we had an awesome end of year party. We played a game with oreos where you try to get the oreo in your mouth starting on your forehead.
Lissa
                                                                            Lindsy
Dathyl

After this game we had a marshmallow fight! It was awesome and the marshmallows were everywhere. When we had picked all the marshmallows up we snuck up on my teacher Miss Lloyd and dumped the whole thing on her. It was so funny and she thought so too.
 

13. At the end of the year every year at my school they what they call "The End of Year Dance" each grade does their own dance that they've prepared. Every year the sixth grade does the traditional May Pole. It was really fun learning it this year with the rest of my class. The teachers told us that no class has ever messed it up in the real performance. Our class did. It was so typical my sixth grade class though. If any class ever would mess up, it would be our class. So it was actually really funny.
14.I graduated from the sixth grade!!!


                                      Ali, Raya                         Ali, Miss Lloyd

15. Yesterday I rode this tandem. It was so much fun and a lot more exciting than riding a normal bike.


Kelly, Christian

That was my whole 4 months in somewhat of a nutshell. 
(Sorry this is such a long post)


                                                                                            


3 comments:

Bonnie said...

Ali, I loved this whole post. How's the work coming - are you going to be able to come visit? You better, because I am so looking forward to it!

Bonnie said...

Hey you - you stole Lydia's baby toy. Don't think I've forgotten!

Amy L. Workman said...

lol - a few comments actually:
1) totally just did the 4 month post thing
2) totally missed your 6th grade class looking at those pictures
3) other 6th grade classes have messed up in the performance... We just tell you that to scare you. :)
4) you can totally get through 8th grade
5) I call the 8th graders in my ward "eighthers"
6) you, Christian, and Raya COMPLETELY made my day at the Timp Storytelling Festival...